Burger Season is upon us! And with it, all the perfectly-charred, fresh and seasoned burgers for all your summer nights. But sometimes, you gotta switch it up. When you've had one too many beef burgers at the ballpark, get your protein from a tender, juicy, mouth-watering turkey burger instead.
Fire up the turkey burgers! 🍔
The lean, mean grilled favorite. You may, initially, be more inclined to an old-fashioned beef hamburger. But don't be fooled! The turkey burger has just as much to offer (if not more!) as its counterpart. In fact, turkey burgers are a great source of protein, so you'll be feeling fuller, longer. Ground turkey also includes iron, zinc, phosphorous, magnesium (to name just a few) for all your vitamin and mineral needs. ;) Not to mention, all the low-carb goodness to keep blood sugars at bay.
The grilled turkey burger recipe
So, how to make the ultimate turkey burger? Simple! We've laid it all out for you below:
What you'll need
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 lettuce leaves
How it's done
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon basil. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a bowl, combine the milk, onion, salt, pepper and remaining basil. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill on medium 12 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through (165 degrees F). Serve over lettuce leaves with chopped onion and basil mayonnaise.
Pro-Tip: Use add-ons and condiments to really take your turkey burger up a notch! Throw in finely chopped red bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, dried parsley, or garlic -- whatever suits your palette needs!Yield: 4 servings Calories per serving: 305g Fat per serving: 11g Protein per serving: 21g Carbs per serving: 0g