Almond-Crusted Dijon Mahi Mahi + Kale SaladServes 2.
Ingredients Fish:- 2 filets of your choice of fish (I used mahi mahi, but any fish filet will do!) - 1/2 cup whole almonds - 1/3 cup dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon smoked paprika - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper - salt - olive oil for frying Side Salad: - 1 bunch of raw kale - feta cheese - thinly sliced raw red onion - 1 lemon/lime - 1 tbsp olive oil - salt and pepper to taste
1. Place almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Mix chopped almonds, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish.
3. Season the fish filets with a generous amount of salt.
4. Coat filets with Dijon mustard.
5. Dip filets in the almond/paprika/cayenne mixture to coat both sides.
6. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. (I also added a small spoonful of butter for extra flavor, but butter is completely optional.)
7. Once the oil is hot, place the filets in the skillet and fry until the fish is cooked through. Fish is cooked when it is opaque and breaks easily into flakes when you nudge it with a fork. The almond coating should look brown and crispy.
8. Serve warm and garnish with lemon or lime.
1. Wash kale and tear the leaves apart into bite-size pieces.
2. Massage kale until it begins to soften and wilt (about 2-3 minutes). Don’t skip this step! It transforms the kale from bitter to silky and sweet.
3. Place massaged kale and thinly sliced red onion into a large bowl.
4. Squeeze lemon/lime juice over kale & red onion (do this to taste - 1/2 of a lemon or lime may be enough).
5. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
6. Toss the ingredients together.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a generous topping of feta cheese.