Looking for an easy, low carb, recipe that's packed with protein and can be cooked in under 15 minutes?
Here's a Thai Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe that's diabetes-friendly and perfect for sunny summer days!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Low Carb)
Ready in 15 minutes.
Only 3g carbs per serving.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or a non-stick spray like Pam)
- 4 cloves of garlic 2 shallots (minced)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 tablespoon pepper iceberg lettuce leaves
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon of powdered Peanut Butter, Lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic when the oil is hot.
- Add chicken, salt, jalapeño, chili flakes, and soy sauce (optional: peanut butter powder). Cook for about seven minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle pepper on top
- Spoon into the lettuce leaves. Add lemon juice and extra chili flakes if desired.