Mozzarella Sticks (Low Carb)Serves 4. Ready in 50 minutes. Only 3 carbs per serving (5 sticks).
- 10 one ounce sticks of mozzarella string cheese, halved widthwise
- ~ 1 and 1/4 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Dip each piece of cheese into the eggs, and then roll in the parmesan mixture to coat. Repeat for a double coat on each stick.
3. Place cheese sticks into a small rectangular dish or other container. Chill in the freezer for at least 25 minutes.
4. Heat about half an inch of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
5. Fry cheese sticks until golden brown for about 60 to 90 seconds per side. Drain excess oil on paper towels.
6. Serve with a side of marinara sauce or alone. YUM!