Fit with diabetes: Let's do this, together.
If you need a little motivation and support to get started on your health and diabetes goals in January, why not join me in taking the Fit With Diabetes Challenge?
It’s a free, 4-week challenge focused on diabetes and exercise, healthy nutrition, and weight management with diabetes. I, along with a team of top diabetes experts, will take you through some of the most important aspects you should know about the aforementioned topics.
The challenge starts on January 3, but you can go ahead and sign up here: https://diabetesstrong.com/diabetes-challenge/
How the Fit With Diabetes Challenge works
The Fit With Diabetes Challenge consists of five parts:
- Daily activities or “challenges” that take you through everything you need to do in a step-by-step fashion
- Articles covering the most important topics on diabetes and weight management
- Weekly meal plans
- Workout programs that you can do during the challenge (home and gym workouts)
- A Facebook support group for challenge participants to ask questions, share experiences and connect with other people who want to be Fit With Diabetes
Each week, there will be a giveaway where you can win awesome diabetes products from challenge sponsors like One Drop. Additionally, there will be a special discount from One Drop to all challenge participants. More on that special deal later!
Who all should sign up?
Did I mention that it’s totally FREE to take the challenge? Anyone and everyone is welcome to join!
The challenge is for all fitness levels. It's based on my own experiences with diabetes and exercise, as well as the knowledge and insights of other diabetes and exercise experts. There will be posts by:
- Dr. Sheri Colberg - Author of The Diabetic Athlete’s Handbook.
- Gary Scheiner, MS, CDE - Named AADE's 2014 Diabetes Educator of the Year, Gary is also author of the best-selling book Think Like A Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes With Insulin.
- Susan Weiner - Susan (a registered dietitian and owner of Susan Weiner Nutrition) was named AADE's 2015 Diabetes Educator of the Year.
- Ginger Vieira - Author & Freelance Writer, Ginger has multiple expert books on diabetes, including Dealing with Diabetes Burnout, Emotional Eating with Diabetes and Your Diabetes Science Experiment.
- Dr. Mark Heyman - Diabetes Psychologist and Certified Diabetes Educator, Mark is also founder and director of the Center for Diabetes and Mental Health.
- Ben Tzeel - DiabetesStrong.com fitness editor, as well as Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
If you are ready to join me to learn more about diabetes, weight management, and exercise, then sign up for the challenge! In 2018, we're getting Fit With Diabetes together!
Sign up here: https://diabetesstrong.com/diabetes-challenge/