RECIPE: Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb)
Stuffed Zucchini (Low Carb)Serves 2. Ready in 15 minutes. 9g carb per serving.
- 2 medium sized zucchini
- 4 tablespoons of your favorite cheese (goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, and cream cheese all work great!)
- 1 cup marinara or tomato sauce (any pasta sauce will do - experiment with fancy flavors!)
- Parsley flakes
Instructions:1. Preheat oven (or grill) to 400 degrees F. 2. Slice zucchini in half and remove the inside filling, leaving the outer shell. Discard the inside.
3. Spread the cheese evenly at the bottom of each zucchini. Fill the rest with the tomato sauce. Dot the tops of the tomato sauce with more cheese.
4. Bake (or grill) for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the sauce bubbles.
5. Add parsley flakes, salt, and pepper for taste. Serve immediately.